Wednesday 14 February 2007

Scary 3!

And here is a run down of my sporting career! At the age of 6 I was a fine ballarina with a promising future ahead. The only thing getting in my way, according to my ballet teachers, was that I kept trying to incorporate the 'Back-flip' into my ballet routines. This was most frowned upon in the ballet world...









...So Mum and Dad decided that maybe gymnastics was for me! They took me along to the local sports centre gym class.










I didn't stay there long though, as I was 'spotted' by a coach there, who pursuaded my parents to part with their lives and money in return for my joining her gymnastics club and becoming a pro! (ok, maybe I'm exaggeraing a little now!)






Many competitions and squad training days later! This was the last competition I competed in before I discovered boys and freedom, The rest is history...


I have just watched this film on DVD and it's great. Its about an ex-gymnast who is a rebel and gets in trouble with the law. Her punishment- to return to an elite gymnastics club full of bitchy gymnasts! It brought me back a bit! Ah the memories...



No comments: